This is a great dish to make in advance. Refrigerates and travels well. It is also one that I find most kids enjoy.
- Your favourite Pasta (gluten-free, egg-free as necessary)
- 1/2 cup Olive oil (be mindful to check the ingredients that there are no nut or other allergen ingredients in the oil or processed on the same lines. Contact the company if you’re unsure).
- Juice of one lemon (organic-fresh squeezed)
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Veggies: Use canned or jarred Artichokes & Roasted Red peppers or fresh red peppers, red onion, tomatoes, olives or other favourite veggies of choice
- Protein Options: Can of Chickpeas: Drain and rinsed or Cooked Chicken or Cooked Shrimp
- Optional: add dried or fresh herbs of your choice: Choose from one of Oregano, basil, cilantro, parsley…delicious!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Cook to just al dente (still firm but not chewy)- you do not want the pasta to fall apart in the salad. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- Prepare Dressing. Mix oil, lemon juice or vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Drain artichokes and roasted red peppers if using.
- Wash and chop other veggies.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss in dressing to coat. Can be refrigerated and tastes even better the next day!
If you do not have a dairy allergy, feta cheese or bocconcini are just lovely in a pasta salad.