After a particularly stressful few months I found myself in a place I’d never been before … the land of tummy troubles. Mine manifested as low stomach acid… resulting in reflux and slow digestion. I’ve lived life up to this point relatively unscathed by stomach or digestion issues so this shocked me! It turns out that emotional distress and stress wreaks havoc on our digestion… with all energy being sent to the limbs to prepare for fight or flight, the body diverts energy away from the digestive system. It makes sense really… if you’re being chased by a Sabre tooth tiger you’re probably not going to stop and eat … but nowadays we don’t have those types of threats yet stress is stress and the body reacts the same. This tea is helpful to support digestion.
*adjust quantities to your taste preferences … if you feel it is too strong simply dilute with more hot water
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tbsp. Fresh sliced or grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tbsp. fermented turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp cumin
- **optional -honey for sweetness**. Note: I use raw, unpasteurized honey but this is not advisable for young children or those with compromised immune systems due to the risk of botulism in raw honey. Please talk to your health care provider about using raw honey for your family.
- Add ingredients in order to a small pot.
- Allow to lightly simmer on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- If adding honey allow to cool to warm not hot before adding the honey to preserve the health benefits of the honey.
- Enjoy! 🙏🏼