This is one of my go-to summer appetizers. If you are asked to bring something to a party, this is the recipe! Enjoy!
- 1-2 lbs cooked, deveined, jumbo shrimp with tails on
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup chives (I got mine from my garden!), chopped
- 2 tbsp organic garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh, organic ginger, minced
- 1 tsp grated organic orange zest
- 1 organic orange (for zest), freshly squeezed to provide 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce *** (See allergen warning below)
- 2 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2-1 tbsp sriracha Asian hot chili sauce *** (See allergen warning below) – or use Frank’s Red Hot brand hot sauce instead!
Allergy Warning! A note about Asian Food Products: Use extreme caution when sourcing out Asian ingredients. Make sure the products are manufactured in Canada or your home country and that appropriate ingredient labelling is on the package with any allergens listed and allergen warning statements present. If in doubt, ALWAYS CALL THE COMPANY and ask if there is the possibility of your allergens being in the food. Many countries around the world are new to the Food Allergy world and are not labelling allergens in their ingredient lists. Many Asian foods contain peanut and nut products. If there is any doubt, do not use that product.