I just like saying Garbanzo 😆! This salad is the perfect potluck recipe… take it to a friend’s bbq, to the cottage or on your camping trip. I make a batch and eat it all weekend! 😋
- 4 cobs of corn
- Olive oil
- 1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans ;), drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Green Pepper, washed, seeded and diced
- Red Pepper, washed, seeded and diced
- Cilantro leaves, washed, dried and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced and salted with sea salt
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- Juice from four fresh limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dash of Frank’s Red Hot (or your favourite hot sauce)
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat grill. Prepare corn for grilling. Remove all husks. Drizzle corn on the cob with olive oil and season with fresh ground salt and pepper.
- Grill corn for approx 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and cut corn from the cobs into a large glass bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Prepare dressing and pour over salad ingredients.
- Enjoy! Tastes even better the next day!