I made these for Easter and hate to admit that I ATE MOST OF THEM! Oh my goodness these are delicious!!! Perhaps you will be able to show more restraint than me…but I doubt it! They are THAT good! This recipe is dairy-free, peanut and tree-nut free and gluten free. If you would like to make this recipe soy free you can use Sunflower Seed Butter (Sunbutter brand is good) and Earth Balance has a Soy-free option.
- 1 pkg. Allergy Safe Chocolate Chips or Chunks* (*I use Enjoy Life Brand as it is free of the top 8 food allergens)
- 1 cup Wow Butter Creamy (Soy Butter) or your favourite Peanut Butter alternative (Sunflower Seed Butter, etc.)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp. Earth Balance Margarine (Dairy-free) or coconut oil* (*We use Omega Nutrition Brand Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- Optional: Sprinkles
- Blend Wow butter (or alternative), icing sugar, margarine (or coconut oil), and sea salt until smooth and creamy.
- The easiest way to melt the chocolate is in the microwave for about a minute or two. You can also use a double boiler method if you prefer. Stir to ensure the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Line mini-muffin tins for small cups or regular muffin tins for large. I like the foil liners best but paper will work fine too. You can also buy parchment paper ones that are great.
- Spoon or pipe melted chocolate to fill the bottom fourth of the muffin cups.
- Top with a dollop of the creamy pea-NOT butter mixture (I love that name!) on top. It’s up to you how much you would like but I like a lot so I put a good size dollop (approx. 2/4ths).
- Top this with more melted chocolate to fill the cup. Use a tooth pick to make a nice little swirl in the top of the melted chocolate before it sets or add sprinkles or icing sugar to decorate.
- Put them in the fridge to set. Once set, store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze. If they last that long!!!
Nom nom nom…